Apply to Host Members
The 2017-2018 SNAP Program Host Site application period is now OPEN. Applications are due at 5 pm on May 26th, 2017. See below for application details.
From Mt. Whitney to the Feather River, from the Foothills to the Summits, at organizations both big and small, our AmeriCorps Members have contributed to restoring the health of the Sierra’s precious watersheds through important service projects. SNAP Members have removed invasive species, stabilized stream banks, educated thousands of Sierra Nevada Residents on local and regional watershed issues, cleaned up hundreds of miles of river, built numerous trails, monitored water quality at hundreds of sites and much, much more.
The Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership, a program of the Sierra Nevada Alliance, is currently accepting applications from California & Nevada Sierra Nevada conservation organizations and agencies to become a Sierra Nevada AmeriCorps Partnership Host Site for our upcoming 2017 SNAP Program, contingent on funding from the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Qualifying organizations will receive a full-time AmeriCorps Member or Members to serve 11 months at their organization/agency from October 2017 – September 2018. SNAP Members conduct valuable watershed restoration and assessment projects, as well as watershed education projects, and volunteer recruitment and support.
What would having an AmeriCorps Member help you to accomplish?
The 2017-18 SNAP Program Request for Applications has the information you’ll need on how to apply, requirements for Host Sites and specifics about what type of activities SNAP AmeriCorps Members can and cannot perform.
- Click here to download a 2017-18 SNAP Program Request for Applications
- Click here to download a 2017-18 SNAP Program Application
- Click here to download a 2017-18 SNAP Program Re-Application (Do not use this form unless you are currently hosting a SNAP Member)
- Click here to download a 2017-18 Position Description Form
- Click here to download a 2017-18 Service Plan Form
- Click here to download a Position Description Sample
- Click here to download a Service Plan Sample
- Click here to download the Host Site Selection Rubric
- Click here to download a Sample Memorandum of Understanding
- Click here to download a Site Supervisor Position Description
For additional information or questions, contact Lynn Baumgartner, SNAP Program Director, 530-542-4546 ext. 705 or [email protected]
AmeriCorps is a network of local, state, and national service programs that connect more than 70,000 Americans each year in intensive service to meet our country’s critical needs in education, public safety, health, and the environment. AmeriCorps members serve with more than 2,000 nonprofits, public agencies, and faith-based and community organizations.